AmeriCorps at NAU
Qualifying NAU service members can earn an award to pay education expenses
AmeriCorps is a program of the Corporation for National and Community Service. Service members work for local and national nonprofit groups to provide assistance to millions of Americans. Members who complete their term of national service in an approved AmeriCorps program earn an AmeriCorps Segal Education Award.
As a qualifying member, you can use your education award to pay for current education expenses, non-credit-earning classes or activities, or to pay back qualified student loans. Your award amount is based on the length of your service term.
Receiving your AmeriCorps award
- Log in at my.americorps.gov.
- Select “Segal Education Award Request,” enter NAU’s information, the specific term and year, and the amount you would like to use for the term.
- If you are requesting a loan payment or forbearance, you must enter the loan servicer’s information.
- Please allow 5-7 business days for your award to be accepted. Your award might be denied or reduced if your total aid is more than your Cost of Attendance.
- AmeriCorps will send 50 percent of your accepted award within 7-10 business days after your classes begin. Log in to LOUIE to view your award. You will receive the second half of your award after NAU’s tuition refund deadline.
Non-credit opportunities at NAU include:
Contact the program manager to use your AmeriCorps award for these activities.
Contact the NAU Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid if you have questions about your AmeriCorps award. We encourage you to contact us if you are considering dropping your classes; you might be required to return a portion of your award.