What does an NAU Online student look like?
They are working professionals, recent high school graduates, members of the military, parents, grandparents, and more. They come from all different walks of life and live around the globe.
What online students have in common is a desire for a quality education that fits into their busy lives. NAU Online provides that quality education.
Two ways to learn
Academic and support services
All online students are supported by faculty, staff, and peers who are dedicated to helping you succeed. Online student support resources include:
- Access to financial aid, including scholarships, loans, grants, and work-study opportunities
- 24/7 technical support during the fall and spring semesters and daytime-hour support in the summer
- Certified online tutors to help you with your coursework
- Library resources including online access to journals, e-books, Google Scholar, and more
- Your own Jacks Online peer mentor—a current NAU Online student who can answer questions, share resources, and help connect you to the NAU community
- Connect with your academic advisor. Use the appointment planner to schedule an appointment with your advisor
You’re not alone. You’ll be surprised by the sense of community you develop as an NAU Online student. Classmates become friends; professors become mentors.
Online courses are taught using the Blackboard Learn (Bblearn) platform. This easy-to-use software allows you to participate in discussions, access study materials, and view lecture presentations.