Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences: Nutrition and Foods-opportunities within the program
- Nutritional program design to address specific health issues, such as unhealthy weight, diabetes or hypertension for individuals, communities, and institutions.
- Increasing public awareness of food safety and nutritional standards.
- Advocating for food policy and access to healthy foods.
- Researching how changes in diet (such as reducing salt intake) affect health (by reducing blood pressure).
- Collaboration with food manufacturers to improve the nutritional quality of prepared foods
- Pre-health professional pathway for students preparing for entry into graduate nutrition programs, medical school, physician assistant or similar programs.