Resources for GPR graduate students
Helpful information for NAU graduate students in Geography, Planning, & Recreation
NAU and the graduate college- find links, forms, and more.
- NAU Graduate College Resources for Students – housing, calendar, policies, forms and more
- Forms include, among others: Degree change; Time limit extension; Leave of absence; Masters oral exam; Transfer credit petition; 400-level course override; Unit limit override; Residency; Scholarship recommendations; GA appointment; Applying for graduation
- NAU New Graduate Student Orientation – Website (with links) – and – Intro PPT – in case you miss this Fall event
- NAU Graduate College Resources for Staff & Faculty – may also be of interest to students
- Financial Resources for NAU Grad Students – NAU Office of Student Financial Aid
- NAU Graduate Student Organization: a variety of resources for all NAU grad students
- NAU Catalog – Current & Past
- NAU IRB – Institutional Review Board homepage
- Roswell Bookbinding – provides institutional binding services for theses and practicums, if you want yours bound, which is not required
Master of administration – land use planning emphasis
- Resources for Master of Administration – Land Use Planning Emphasis students (both GIS and Community Planning concentrations)
- Graduate programs overview & policies
- GPR Graduate Advisors and their Specialty Areas (pdf)
- GPR MS Student Milestones (expectations guide) (pdf)
- NAU Grad College – Thesis track progression and checklist
- GPR Graduate Programs Student Handbook (.pdf)
- Also contains GPR Practicum Guidelines (as Appendix B)
- See also: NAU Graduate Coordinator’s Manual – Created by the NAU Grad College and contains more current information than is in our GPR’s Handbook. The following links are from this manual:
- GPR Department Graduate Program Orientation for Fall 2016 (31 August 2016)
- NOTE: Toward the end, after a short visit to the NAU Grad College webpage for the NAU New Grad Student Orientation, I return to the GPR Graduate Student Resources webpage (this current page), however, that change is not made very clear in the mp3 file.
- Program of study / Advising forms
- Suggested Degree Progression for all GPR Graduate Programs
- All MS and Grad Certificate Program of Study/Advising Forms on the NAU Grad College website
- Search “geosp” for our MS emphasis areas; “gis” and “comm” for our Certificate forms
- Internship, research & independent study
- Experiential Learning Guidelines and Options for GSP students. Although written for undergraduate GSP students, the policies on work description, hours worked and reporting requirements also apply to GPR graduate students.
- Independent Study/Research and Internship Form: fillable pdf or MSWord doc.
- Practicum forms
- Graduate committee form – MSWord – PDF
- GPR Department Writing Guidelines & Links to Writing Help Online (these are currently under revision as we study moving to the standard APA format)
- Style Sheet for the Annals of the Association of American Geographers – This is the style to use for your GPR Department theses and practicums (PDF) – Note: Some faculty prefer that “et al.” be used for in-text references anytime there are more than two authors. This style sheet recommends “et al.” for more than three authors. Please ask your Adviser for their preferred approach to this.
- Miscellaneous GPR forms & guidelines
- Courses & Certificate Programs in other NAU departments that may be electives for MS Applied Geospatial Sciences students – also see this list of all NAU Graduate Courses that do not have pre-requisites.
- Graduate Assistant Semester Evaluation Form (pdf)
- Major Adviser Expectations Guide – Thesis – Practicum
- Dr. Hawley’s Thesis, Research Practicum, & Applied Practicum Proposal Outlines (pdf)
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) Waiver Policy – for new applications only; does not apply to students who have already been admitted to the MS degree program
- GPR Course Substitution Policy
- SBS Incomplete Grade Contract form (Fillable PDF)
- NAU Academic Integrity Policy
Keep track of important GPR events, dates, and faculty office hours with our Google calendar.