Find your future with a degree in geography, planning, and recreation from NAU
Use these resources to get inspiration for future career opportunities and begin your search for your future job after obtaining your degree from Northern Arizona University.
Working for the government
Most careers in geography, planning, and recreation involve working for the government. Find out if a job in the federal government is right for you.
- Best Places to Work : feedback from more than 221,000 civil servants in the annual Best Places to Work in the Federal Government ranking of 283 federal agencies and sub-components.
- Making the Difference : a website for college students and recent graduates interested in federal employment and internships.
- Where the Jobs Are : check out a list of federal hiring projections for the next two years.
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Arizona State Land Department
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- U.S. Forest Service
- Bureau of Land Management
- Arizona COGs & MPOs
Additional career opportunities with various outdoor recreation degrees
Use these links to begin your job search.
Find a career that gets you outdoors or in the lab, studying the earth and helping planners.
- Geography Jobs
- Career Jet
- Geospatial jobs
- GIS jobs in Phoenix, AZ
- Explore careers in GIS
In planning, you can assist in building urban systems, help with transportation, and build successful cities.
Parks and Recreation Management
Like to be active and in the outdoors? Explore possible careers in Parks and Recreation:
- Career Builder
- National Recreation and Park Association
- Recreation Careers
- American Camp Association Jobs
- Recreation Internships
- Outdoor Education
- Association for Experiential Education (AEE)
- Adventure Jobs
- Cool Works
- National Recreation and Parks Association (NRPA)
- USA Jobs
Keep track of important GPR events, dates, and faculty office hours with our Google calendar.