Find your future with a parks and recreation degree from NAU
Use these resources to get inspiration for future career opportunities and begin your search for your future job after obtaining your degree from Northern Arizona University.
Working for the government
Most careers in geography, planning, and recreation involve working for the government. Find out if a job in the federal government is right for you.
- Best Places to Work : feedback from more than 221,000 civil servants in the annual Best Places to Work in the Federal Government ranking of 283 federal agencies and sub-components.
- Making the Difference : a website for college students and recent graduates interested in federal employment and internships.
- Where the Jobs Are : check out a list of federal hiring projections for the next two years.
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Arizona State Land Department
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- U.S. Forest Service
- Bureau of Land Management
Additional career opportunities with various outdoor recreation degrees
Use these links to begin your job search.
Find a career that gets you outdoors or in the lab, studying the earth and helping planners.
In planning, you can assist in building urban systems, help with transportation, and build successful cities.
Like to be active and in the outdoors? Then try being a park ranger or a recreation manager.
Find more careers and explanations for geography, planning, GIS, and recreation
Keep track of important GPR events, dates, and faculty office hours with our Google calendar.