Test Preparation Resources
Resources to help you prepare for the required and optional NES® and AEPA® teacher licensure exams
These resources are available to the following:
- current NAU students
- NAU alumni
- members of the community who wish to become a teacher
What is the AEPA/NES exam?
The Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessments (AEPA) is a series of tests to determine an individual’s competency for employment in the Arizona public school system. Passing score(s) on the National Evaluation Series (NES) tests developed for Arizona and national use are taken to attain certifications or endorsements from the Arizona Department of Education (ADE). The ADE Educator Certification department’s website provides information regarding Arizona Educator Exams, Exam Information and Preparation, as well as a link to the AEPA/NES website hosted by the test publisher (see Educator Certification: Testing Information).
For more information on which tests are required for the teacher certification needs you are pursuing, please see AEPA/NES Resource Sheet . For additional information, visit the Arizona Department of Education website or email TestPrepCenter@nau.edu.
AEPA® and NES® Preparation Materials
- Preparation materials are available for all AEPA/NES exams through Pearson and include an interactive online study guide, full-length practice test, test framework, and testing tips, see: Preparation Materials.
- NAU is now offering a webinar each semester – Arizona Teacher Licensure Exams: Information and Preparation Resources:
- NAU also offers self-paced web courses to assist students, alumni, and the community with preparing for the following AEPA/NES licensure exams:
- NES Professional Knowledge – Elementary
- NES Professional Knowledge – Secondary
- NES Elementary Subject Knowledge Tests I and II
- NES Special Education — Mild/Moderate Subject Knowledge Test
To find out more about how to register for these self-paced courses with practice exams, see AEPA/NES Web Course.