Test Preparation Resources
Resources to help you prepare for the required and optional NES® and AEPA® teacher licensure exams
What is the AEPA/NES exam?
The Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessments (AEPA) is a series of tests to determine an individual’s competency for employment in the Arizona public school system. Passing score(s) on the National Evaluation Series (NES) tests developed for Arizona and national use are taken to attain certifications or endorsements from the Arizona Department of Education (ADE). The ADE Educator Certification website provides information regarding Arizona Educator Exams.
- Exam Information and Preparation, as well as a link to the AEPA/NES website hosted by the test publisher (see Educator Certification: Testing Information).
- To find which exams you need to take, go to the PEP resource sheet, AEPA/NES Resource Sheet.
- For additional information, visit the Arizona Department of Education website or email TestPrepCenter@nau.edu.
AEPA® and NES® Preparation Materials
- Pearson offers preparation materials for all AEPA/NES exams. These include an interactive online study guide, full-length practice test, test framework, and testing tips, see:
- PEP at NAU offers a webinar each semester – Arizona Teacher Licensure Exams: Information and Preparation Resources:
- NAU offers open access to self-paced web courses to help prepare for these AEPA/NES licensure exams:
- NES Professional Knowledge – Elementary
- NES Professional Knowledge – Secondary
- NES Elementary Subject Knowledge Tests I and II
- NES Special Education — Mild/Moderate Subject Knowledge Test
To find out more about how to register for these self-paced courses with practice exams, see AEPA/NES Web Course.
- Follow These Test Taking Strategies to Reduce Anxiety (presentation)
- Taking Action to Reach Your Goals – Steps for Developing a Study Plan(presentation)