Teacher Intern Preparation Program
Do you have a Bachelor’s degree or higher but wish to teach full-time with salary and benefits?
Are you interested in working as a teacher or have recently been offered a job as a teacher but do not have a teaching credential?
NAU Teacher Intern Preparation Program (TIPP)
TIPP is an alternative pathway offered at NAU to enable a candidate to enter into a teaching contract while completing the requirements for an Arizona Teaching Certificate.
Eligibility criteria and How to Apply
- A completed application for the Teaching Intern Certificate from the Arizona Department of Education
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum grade point average of 3.00 (B) in your undergraduate program of study
- IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Admission to one of the following graduate programs:
- MEd Elementary Education with Certification
- MEd Special Education Mild Moderate Disabilities with Certification
- MEd Early Childhood Special Education with Certification
- MAT Teaching Science with Certification
For Arizona Department of Education Teacher Intern Program please visit their website.
Why do TIPP?
- You are helping to meet a critical need in Arizona for teachers
- You can earn a teaching credential while being employed full-time as a teacher
- You are able to distribute your student teaching across your graduate program
- You have the opportunity to directly apply theory from graduate classes into your classroom
- You receive mentorship and support from your school site and NAU