Learning resources for parents, teachers, and K-12 students
We have curated resources for parents and current educators to help them provide a quality classroom experience—at school, home, or anywhere.
Upcoming Education Webinars Accordion Closed
Rethinking the Elementary School Science Investigation: Design Research at the Intersection of Science, Children, and Elementary Teaching Systems, April 16th, 2021, 10 am.
Meeting ID: 868 6888 6667
Teach with GIS: Fully Funded Opportunity for 4 Corners Region Secondary Teachers
Please share this opportunity made possible by National Geographic Society, Northern Arizona University Online, the Center for Science Teaching and Learning, and the Department of Geography, Planning, and Recreation.
What is it?
- Highly effective, nationally-recognized professional learning program
- Learn to teach science and social studies with ArcGIS Online
- Seeking 30 secondary (grades 6-12) science and social studies teachers from Four Corners region
- Seeking teachers from underserved areas
- Teams encouraged to apply and attend together
Benefits for Teachers
- Learn an engaging strategy for teaching science and social studies with ArcGIS Online
- Gain knowledge and GIS skills.
- Design map- and data-driven, standards-based lessons
- Gain support with instructional shifts required by new national standards
- No tuition payment ($220 value)
- Earn continuing education units and certificates of completion for career advancement
- Earn a $200 for completion of all requirements.
- Flexible, online, differentiated professional learning
Benefits for Students
- Become critical thinkers and problem solvers
- Learn essential concepts in science and social studies by examining real, messy, complex problems
- Increase interest in STEM and STEM careers
- Develop marketable GIS technology skills