Community Resources for Students
Please use this list of resources below to help you during these challenging times. We wish you all the best for your health and with the remainder of the semester. More resources will be added as they become available.
Front Door Resource List (Flagstaff)
Arizona Together (Statewide)
Community Action Agencies (Statewide)
AZ Food Banks (Statewide)
Food Pantries (Statewide)
Louie’s Cupboard (Flagstaff)
Lumberjack Emergency Assistance Fund Grants
- During this new and confusing time, we understand that certain circumstances may leave students in need of extra financial assistance. NAU has created a new Lumberjack Emergency Assistance Fund that provides micro-grants of $250 for students affected by COVID-19. For emergency assistance beyond the virus, NAU’s Lumberjack Emergency Assistance Fund offers up to $500 micro-grants for crises such as fire, illness, or other catastrophic events. Applications for these grants can be found here.
Mental Health Maintenance (From Green NAU)
Health and wellness is critical in times of crisis, and here at Green NAU we’d like to give you some ideas and reminders of how you can maintain your mental health while we adapt to our current situation.
- Be sure to drink water! A change in routine can cause us to forget to take care of our bodies, and hydration is very important.
- Get outside and take in the fresh air! Staying active is important for keeping you and your brain awake and prepared for the day.
- Try and snack on fresh produce rather than salty or fatty snacks – this will improve your mood as well. Here are some fun and easy vegan snack ideas!
- Reach out to friends and family! Set up a Zoom call or Google Hangout so you can catch up with those you don’t get to see while social distancing.
- Try the HeadSpace app! For short meditations, anxiety reducing stretching, and fun animations to help visualize mental health! This app is free and incredibly helpful to reduce anxiety and stress.
- Like us on Facebook (Green NAU), and follow us on Instagram and Twitter (@greennau) to stay up-to-date with our sustainable journey as we traverse this new experience together.
- This service offers free broadband internet for 60 days for students.