Resources for Students
Below are student resources including current job announcements in Flagstaff and across Arizona. To stay current on COE events, job announcements, NAU student-related events, resources, etc. follow COE’s Facebook page.
Job Announcements Accordion Closed
NAU Handshake: Please visit handshake for other current job postings.
Career Fair: The Professional Education Programs (PEP) Department in COE will be hosting a career fair for our teacher candidates in February 2022.
- Pusch Ridge Christian Academy South Campus, Mariachi Director and first grade teacher
- Candeo Schools: Scottsdale and Peoria, AZ, Hiring Fair, Friday, January 28, 2022
- 2022-2023 Teacher Job Fair: Glendale Union High School District
- 16th Annual Teacher of Color Recruitment Fair, Jan 29 and Feb 26, 12N-3PM EST
- Pima Vocational High School, Multiple Positions (open until filled)
- Glen Canyon Outdoor Academy, Multiple Positions (open until filled)
- Dilcon Community School, Multiple Positions (open until filled)
- Lander County School District, Multiple Positions (open until filled)
- Elementary Classroom Teacher, Navajo Lutheran Mission Preparatory School, Rock Point, AZ (open until filled)
- Elementary School Teacher, Maine Consolidated School District, Parks, AZ (open until filled)
NAU Resources Accordion Closed
For a complete list of NAU Resources, visit: Guide to Student Resources
- NAU Coronavirus Updates/Resources
- Louie’s Cupboard (Flagstaff)
- COE Assistance Fund for Emergency Situations (CAFÉS): College of Education (COE) has created a new COE Assistance Fund for Emergency Situations (CAFÉS) to provide support for currently enrolled COE students’ who are experiencing unforeseen hardships and emergencies that require immediate one-time financial assistance. Click here to apply for CAFÉS.
- Lumberjack Emergency Assistance Fund Grants (LEAF): During this new and confusing time, we understand that certain circumstances may leave students in need of extra financial assistance. NAU has created a new Lumberjack Emergency Assistance Fund that provides micro-grants of $250 for students affected by COVID-19. For emergency assistance beyond the virus, NAU’s Lumberjack Emergency Assistance Fund offers up to $500 micro-grants for crises such as fire, illness, or other catastrophic events. Applications for these grants can be found here.
- Mental Health Maintenance (From Green NAU): Health and wellness are critical in times of crisis, and here at Green NAU we’d like to give you some ideas and reminders of how you can maintain your mental health while we adapt to our current situation.
- Be sure to drink water! A change in routine can cause us to forget to take care of our bodies, and hydration is very important.
- Get outside and take in the fresh air! Staying active is important for keeping you and your brain awake and prepared for the day.
- Try and snack on fresh produce rather than salty or fatty snacks – this will improve your mood as well. Here are some fun and easy vegan snack ideas!
- Reach out to friends and family! Set up a Zoom call or Google Hangout so you can catch up with those you don’t get to see while social distancing.
- Try the Headspace app! For short meditations, anxiety-reducing stretching, and fun animations to help visualize mental health! This app is free and incredibly helpful to reduce anxiety and stress.
- Like us on Facebook (Green NAU), and follow us on Instagram and Twitter (@greennau) to stay up-to-date with our sustainable journey as we traverse this new experience together.