Instructional Leadership, emphasis: K-12 School Leadership (MEd)
Campus Rec Member Services Front Desk.

Student employment at Campus Recreation

Campus Recreation prioritizes the importance of student employment for career growth. We are dedicated to recruiting students through the Handshake employment database. If you have any inquiries about job opportunities, please visit NAU Career Development.

New hire packet

If you have not worked for NAU in the past 6 months, you need to complete your new employee hiring packet. You should receive an email welcoming you to NAU that includes information about accessing the online hiring packet. The email will come from an NAU account email address. If you do not receive this email, please contact your department or Human Resources.

You have 3 business days from receiving the email to complete your packet.

Background checks

You will receive an email from our background vendor, A-Check Global (, if your position is deemed to be security safety-sensitive. The email includes a link to initiate your pre-employment background investigation; click on the link and follow the instructions to complete the online application. Once you have completed the application, the Human Resources office will be notified by A-Check Global.

You will have three business days from receiving this email to complete the background check.


Acceptable I-9 documents

You need to present documentation of your eligibility to work in the USA before you are allowed to start working or training. To complete this, go to the Human Resources office (address above), open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and check in at the front desk. Below, you will find a list of acceptable I-9 documents. Please note we cannot accept copies; they must be original.

Employees are required to present either one of the documents from List A or one of the following documents from List B plus one of the documents from List C.

List A (documents that establish both identity and employment eligibility):


  • United States passport
  • Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-551)
  • Temporary Resident Card (I-688)
  • Employment Authorization Document (I-766, I-688B, or I-688A)
  • Foreign passport with temporary I-551 stamp
  • For aliens authorized to work only for a specific employer, a foreign passport with Form I-94 authorizing employment with this employer

Student worker facilitating female student doing outdoor pull-ups.

Employee training