Next steps for online students
Complete the checklist below to reserve your space in our incoming class:
1. Confirm your start date
- Confirming your starting term and your status as an NAU online student reserves your spot in our incoming class.
2. Submit your final transcripts
- Submit official transcripts from each community college or university you have attended or are currently attending.
- View transfer admission requirements for high school transcript and GED score requirements.
Submit transcripts to:
Northern Arizona University
Admissions and Enrollment Services
PO Box 4084
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-4084
3. Apply for financial aid
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after it becomes available each fall. NAU’s priority filing date is May 1.
- Be sure to include NAU institution code 001082.
- Renew it each year to qualify for many types of financial aid.
4. Apply for scholarships
- Additional scholarships are available for students to apply for via ScholarshipUniverse.
- The general and NAU Foundation scholarship applications close on April 15.
5. Complete priority enrollment and academic advising
- Follow the steps on priority enrollment to initiate your first-term enrollment and complete academic advising.
6. Complete any relevant program applications
- A handful of degree programs require a separate application from the general NAU application for admission. Complete any necessary program applications for admission.
7. Verify state benefit eligibility
- Arizona state law requires students to verify citizenship or lawful immigration status if they are classified as residents for tuition purposes.
Veteran and active military steps
Connect with the Veteran Success Center
Initiate your military/VA benefits
Follow the steps on the applicable New and Transfer Student Checklists. Be sure to go through each step and submit all required documentation.
Check your in-state residency status
If you’re an out-of-state veteran or active duty member, you might be eligible for in-state tuition. Visit Veteran and Military Services for eligibility and to learn how to submit documentation.