Military and Veteran Admission
How to apply as an NAU military veteran student
I’m a military/veteran student if
- I’m a veteran or active military student looking to begin or continue my education at Northern Arizona University;
- I plan on attending the Flagstaff campus, online, or at a community campus.
Student Veteran Services At-A-Glance
Student Veteran Services
Your resource for:
- Veteran Success Center
- VA Benefits
- Academic Resources
- Info and Guidance
- Getting Connected
- …and more
If you’re an out-of-state veteran or active duty member, you might be eligible for in-state tuition. Check your eligibility by submitting the Veteran Residency Form.
Best for Vets
NAU ranks as the top school for military veterans in Arizona and among the top third of colleges and universities nationally, according to the Military Times: Best for Vets: Colleges 2018.
Veteran and active military students should also complete the following steps:
- For information and guidance, get in touch with NAU’s Veteran Success Center – your resource for VA benefits, getting connected, academic resources, and more for all military-connected students: • firstname.lastname@example.org • (928) 523-VETS(8387)
2. Initiate Your Military/VA Benefits
- To initiate your benefits, you must submit your classes for certification each term or every time you change your schedule. DoDTA users do not need to certify, but must submit tuition assistance authorization to DoDTA@nau.edu.
- If you’re an out-of state veteran or active duty member, you might be eligible for in-state tuition. Review eligibility and learn how to submit documentation.