Master of Arts in English, Professional Writing Emphasis
This all-online degree is for you if you are looking for a career in writing and editing in:
In our program, you will develop skills in high demand sorts of writing, such as:
- grants and proposals
- policy statements
- other types of workplace writing
After completing this program, you will be able to enter the workforce as a writer, editor, or team member, working closely with engineers, scientists, healthcare professionals, and finance experts to create professional documents.
Please see the academic catalog for the most recent information regarding courses and academic plans.
The NAU academic catalog is the official, authoritative source for all academic requirements and policies. Any discrepancies in curricular requirements form other sources will default to the catalog as the official, authoritative source.
To be considered for admission, you must submit the following materials on the Graduate College application website:
- graduate admissions application
- official transcripts
- TOEFL score (international students)
- a letter of application, stating your interest in the MA - Professional Writing Program, your qualifications for entrance into the program (e.g., work experience), and your plans for using the degree after you have earned it
- your resume or vita
- a short sample of your writing, either work-related or academic
|Fall Session A||July 12|
|Fall Session B||October 8|
|Spring Session A||December 1|
|Spring Session B||February 1|
Check with the English graduate admissions administrator at 928-523-6842 to discover the status of your application.
- There are no residency requirements for the degree
- Tuition rates for distance students outside of Arizona are more than in-state rates, but less than out-of-state, on-campus rates.