The Women’s and Gender Studies (WGS) Program at Northern Arizona
University examines issues of gender, class, race, sexuality, nationality, and ability—offering you the
vocabulary and knowledge you need to make sense of the world. Our program will
teach you how to:
- blend theory with practice
- gain insight into how the world works
- take action in the world for social justice and equality
- follow your passion and make a lasting
difference in the world
If you have a passion for improving human rights and social justice, and want a
career in areas like law, education, non-profit organizations, or politics,
then the Women’s and Gender Studies Program may be right for you.
Degrees and programs
Develop your course of study around topics like gender identities, women’s history, race, class, nationality, sexual identities, and more.
Donate to the WGS Program and contribute to the future generation of leaders in women’s and gender studies.
Get involved by joining clubs and organizations, attending events, and participating in activities.
Is Women’s and Gender Studies right for you?
- Do you want a welcoming environment where you work with others to challenge the status quo?
- Do you want to study and understand patterns of social change that will prepare you to make a difference in the world after graduation?
- Do you want to understand peoples' diverse histories and experiences?
If you lean toward “yes” to any of these questions on the interests, specialties, and commitments of the WGS program, then you should join our program