Frequently asked questions

Financial aid glossary of terms

Student resources

There are many online sources of information available to both students and parents on financial assistance for college.

Need a copy of your tax return or W-2?

For verification purposes, your tax return may be requested by our office.  If you do not have a copy of it, please contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at 1-800-829-0922.  The IRS will not send your W-2 information with your tax return.  If you need your W-2 information, you must make a specific request for it.  Once the IRS receives your request, you can expect to receive the information in the mail within 10 days.  Before forwarding on to NAU, please sign all tax documents.  Failure to do so will delay the processing of your application for financial aid.  All documents submitted to our office will be kept confidential.