You can earn endorsements toward the state teaching certification either while completing your degree or after you have graduated and begun your teaching career.

Reading Specialist Endorsement - Arizona Department of Education, Endorsement

Academic Catalog Listing:  Reading Specialist Endorsement - Arizona Department of Education, Endorsement

If you would like to be a reading specialist, you will need the K-8 State Reading Specialist Endorsement. You must have :

  • a valid Arizona Teaching Certificate in Elementary, Early Childhood, or Special Education
  • three years of classroom experience
  • 24 credit hours in graduate reading courses

You may take reading endorsement courses as part of a master's degree program.

Early Childhood Education Endorsement

If you are an in-service teacher with a degree in elementary education who would like to become certified in Early Childhood Preschool through Grade 3, you can take the coursework in our Early Childhood Education Certificate to gain endorsement.  

Contact the Teaching and Learning office at 928-523-9316 if you would like to pursue the early childhood endorsement as part of your master's in early childhood education.