Inquiry in Teaching & Learning
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE EDUCATION IN HISTORY AND SOCIAL STUDIES SECONDARY EDUCATION
The Department of History's innovative Bachelors of Science Education in History and Social Studies Secondary Education (BSEd History/Social Studies) program prepares future educators for the challenges of the 21st century classroom by developing an inquiry approach and a deeper understanding of teaching and learning history, geography, government, and economics.
The BSEd History/Social Studies program steers students through a series of methodological courses on critical thinking, teaching and learning history, geography, government, and economics. Highlights of the program include:
- teacher preparation courses offered at the sophomore, junior, and senior levels
- integration of content, pedagogy, and practice
- 33 units in history and a minimum of 15 units of credit in the social sciences
- hands-on practical experience in secondary history and social studies classrooms.
- NAU Undergraduate Application
- Teacher Education Program Application
- Student Teaching Application
(must be completed the semester before graduation)
For guidance navigating the program please see the BSEd History/Social Studies Program Advising Worksheet (updated September 2013).
For guidelines on teacher candidate practicum experience see:
For additional information and resources please see the following websites: