Spanish for Business, Minor
With a minor in Spanish for Business you will learn some basic principles of accounting, finance , management, marketing, computer information systems , economics, business law, and Spanish while thinking critically, developing skills in speaking, listening, reading, and writing, and appreciating diverse cultures .
Prepare for the future by immersing yourself in diversity . With linguistic, literary, and cultural approaches to language study, you will learn to think critically and develop skills in speaking, listening, reading, and writing. You will grow to understand and appreciate diverse cultures.
Career Tab Open
University Requirements Tab Closed
Overview Tab Closed
Details Tab Closed
Campus Availability Tab Closed
Career Accordion Open
What Can I Do with a Minor in Spanish for Business?
University Requirements Accordion Closed
A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.
To receive a minor (18 to 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.
Overview Accordion Closed
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
No more than 50% of the units used to satisfy minor requirements may be used to satisfy major requirements.
|Minimum Units for Completion||18|
|Some online/blended coursework||Required|
Details Accordion Closed
- This minor is not intended for Business majors and must be earned in conjunction with a Bachelor's degree in another discipline.
- No more than 8 units of credit-by-exam may count toward this minor.
- Students who have passed SPA 101 and SPA 102 by taking courses or a CLEP examination may enter directly to BBA 387. In order to complete the 18 units required for this minor, such students will be given the option to take two additional Spanish courses at the 200 or above level (CLEP exam 201 and 202 may be used), or to challenge SPA 303 and SPA 304W by examination. (Exam application fees will apply) .
This minor is not available for students with the following majors:
- Business Administration
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Technology Management
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.