Hello, WordPress users! Please see the presentation from our latest Unit Web Coordinator meeting on June 7th. If you have questions or concerns about what you see in the presentation, please ask your Unit Web Coordinator. If you do not know who your UWC is, please check our Unit Web Coordinator list!
Hello, WordPress users! Please see the presentation from our latest Unit Web Coordinator meeting on May 3rd. If you have questions or concerns about what you see in the presentation, please ask your Unit Web Coordinator. If you do not know who your UWC is, please check our Unit Web Coordinator list!
Hello, WordPress users! Please see the presentation from our latest Unit Web Coordinator meeting on April 5th. If you have questions or concerns about what you see in the presentation, please ask your Unit Web Coordinator. If you do not know who your UWC is, please check our Unit Web Coordinator list!
Hello, WordPress users!
Thank you all for the excitement and questions about last week’s update! We wanted to make sure everyone was kept up-to-date on both items discussed.
After last week’s announcement, we have continued to move steadily towards the Ektron decommission and are still on target with our scheduled date of Thursday, March 28th, at which time access will be disabled.
Thank you to those who reached out with questions or concerns– if you still have them, please email WCM-Support@nau.edu!
Due to overwhelming demand for the SiteImprove workshops, we have opened up three more! You can sign up for one of the newly opened dates using the same form, found here: https://nau.edu/web/siteimprove-workshop-registration/
For our remote/distance users diligently supporting their sites across the state, thank you for reaching out– we are currently altering our workshop content to allow for a remote-exclusive version to be held shortly after the in-person sessions. We will send out another communication when that is complete, so thank you for your patience!
Again, we sincerely appreciate the work you all have put in to help strengthen WordPress at NAU, and look forward to seeing what it can become.
The WordPress Project Team
Hello, WordPress users!
We have two major updates to discuss with you, both of which have been a long time coming: the decommissioning of Ektron, and the rollout of SiteImprove. We believe both items are exciting news!
For the past few months, with the vast majority of sites now living in WordPress and users from almost every unit across campus getting trained, we have been preparing to shut down the old content management system, Ektron. Using detailed web traffic reports to track what Ektron content was still visible, we have been both improving our existing redirect rules and adding new ones; this will help us ensure that the shutdown of the old system will result in as little traffic loss as possible. While our methods have been drastically cutting down the number of Ektron pages still accessible, if you are still using any pages in Ektron (or know of colleagues who do), please send URLs or sites to WCM-Support@nau.edu so we can make sure everything is covered!
We currently have this decommission scheduled for Thursday, March 28th at which time access to Ektron will be disabled. Please send questions or concerns with this date to WCM-Support@nau.edu.
After a few months with SiteImprove in the hands of our wonderful testers, we are now moving into our final phase– open access for all Site Stewards and Unit Web Coordinators! SiteImprove is a platform that scans webpages for content issues, user experience concerns, accessibility problems, and more– every week it updates metrics and provides suggested edits to help make your site the best that it can be.
We will be hosting two workshops in April to introduce users to the system and give them opportunities to dive into it with our support staff present. If you are a Site Steward or Unit Web Coordinator, we highly recommend signing up for one of these workshops! You can find our registration form here: https://nau.edu/web/siteimprove-workshop-registration/
You only need to attend one workshop. Each one has twenty seats available, so please sign up now! After these are done, we will be taking any SiteImprove questions at our standard WordPress Open Labs. However, if enough people sign up, we will schedule more SiteImprove workshops to fit user demand.
Thank you all for your efforts to be a part of the new WordPress environment here at NAU, and please let us know at WCM-Support@nau.edu if you have any questions or concerns.
The WordPress Project Team
Hello WordPress Unit Web Coordinators!
Due to a relatively light round of updates, and out of respect for your busy schedules, we are providing this update email in lieu of the monthly UWC meeting for March. We will hold the next meeting on April 5th as scheduled, but please note that the location for that occurrence has changed as seen on the invite. The primary updates we would like to communicate to all of you are:
- The ERI and ITS websites went live in WordPress last month, and short of a handful of Yuma pages being worked on, that represents the final Ektron sites that needed to be moved to the new platform.
- The technical team has been reviewing logs showing any traffic still going to the Ektron server and have used that information to resolve three dozen issues around missed redirects, orphaned pages, or bad links. This work is ongoing.
- The phased approach to decommission Ektron continues and we are targeting Spring Break week (March 18th) to block access to that environment. Another email to the wider WordPress user community will be issued on that topic.
- Please review the training schedule on a regular basis for upcoming workshops and new training opportunities. The days and times for each session vary from week to week.
- Review and testing of the new WordPress version is underway with initial feedback provided to the ITS development group.
- An issue with the single sign on (SSO) configuration with SiteImprove has been corrected and access to that application is moving forward with remaining coordinators and stewards.
- Site level moves for the internal/external split are under review by ITS and Marketing, and once complete will lead to conversations with you and your site stewards.
- Please continue to review and revise mass migrated pages. This includes content updates, page consolidation, and remediation of old images and documents from Ektron sites.
If you have any questions around this message or any other WordPress-related concerns, please contact the team via email at WCM-Support@nau.edu. Thank you for the continued support and involvement in delivering a high-quality OneNAU website!
Chad and the NAU WordPress Team