Department of Defense Tuition Assistance (DODTA) instructions for TA authorization
We understand you are planning on using your DOD Tuition Assistance to supplement your educational expenses. Simply complete the following steps to utilize your benefit through NAU.
1. Initiate your DODTA authorization with your base Education Support Officer (ESO) or via your military portal.
2. Once you receive your DODTA authorization form, please attach it to an email and send it to DODTA@nau.edu. We will then adjust your rate to $250 per credit once we get your official DODTA authorization form. This tuition rate will change within 3 business days.
3. NAU will then defer your tuition and will send an invoice for payment to your Military Branch of Service. **You will be responsible for paying anything outside of tuition, including course and institutional fees.
Is a “Cost Verification Form” keeping you from getting your DODTA authorization from your ESO or military portal?
Some branches require it and some do not. If you do indeed need a Cost Verification form BEFORE you can get your DODTA authorization, please follow these steps.
1. Send an email to: email@example.com from your NAU email with the subject line “Cost Verification Request”. In the body of the messages include your name, student ID, and the term or classes for which you need the cost verification.
2. Watch for an email in your NAU account from the NAU Third Party Billing Department. This will be the cost verification form and it is generally sent within 3 business days after your request.