Poster Presentation Information
It is the responsibility of participating students to create posters for the poster sessions. For consistency and convenience, we recommend that you download and take advantage of the poster templates provided here. There is a landscape version and a portrait version with useful tips to help you quickly create an attractive poster, but we encourage you to be creative as well.
Download Poster Templates
Poster Tips Accordion Closed
Review our Virtual Symposium Poster and Presentation Tips for information on headings, fonts, formatting, and more.
- Posters should be no larger than 36 inches x 46 inches.
- All posters must be attached to the display board using Velcro. No tri-fold posters are permitted.
- Posters must be readable from at least four feet away.
- The presentation title must be at least two inches high.
- Beneath the title, the name(s) of the student author(s), faculty sponsor, and department/school must be at least one inch high.
- All source(s) of your funding should be acknowledged on the poster.
- You should create the poster the size you need (maximum size: 36″ x 46″) in PowerPoint or PDF format. Trying to blow up an 8 ½ x 11 does NOT work well!!
- The use of dark (especially black) solid color backgrounds is strongly discouraged…and will incur additional charges.
- Generally more graphics/less text is preferable.