Welcome future transfers
Transferring to a new school requires a lot of planning and decision making. We are excited to help you plan your transfer to Northern Arizona University! To help you we have a number of resources available.
Who is a transfer student
- You have graduated high school or earned your GED.
- You have completed more than 12 college credit hours since graduating from high school.
- High school students with concurrent enrollment are not considered transfer students. Please complete the freshman application for admission.
- To learn more about our admission requirements for transfer students visit our Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation website.
Degree programs and locations.
- Locations – Attend NAU in Flagstaff, Online, or at one of our Community Campus locations throughout the state.
- Academic catalog – Explore your degree options with our academic catalog.
Plan your transfer
- Jacks Path – See how your credits will transfer to NAU, progress toward your NAU degree and your projected graduation date.
- 2NAU programs – Are you currently attending or plan on enrolling at an Arizona community college prior to transferring to NAU? If so, we encourage you to join our 2NAU program to take advantage of personalized advising and scholarships specifically for 2NAU students.
- Transfer Specialist – If you are currently attending an Arizona community college but are not eligible to join the 2NAU program, attend another University within Arizona, or are enrolled at any out of state school we encourage you to work with one of our Transfer Specialists who can help you understand how your transfer credits will apply to your NAU degree.
- Visit Campus – Come check out NAU’s beautiful campus! We offer tours almost daily and each month offer a special transfer focused presentation and tour.
- Transfer Scholarships – We offer a number of transfer scholarship opportunities and encourage you to review your options as you plan your transfer.
- Submit your Application – If you’re ready to apply to become a Lumberjack we recommend submitting your application for admission as early as possible.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – We strongly encourage all students to submit a FAFSA. Our school code is 001082 and our priority deadline for new transfer students is February 1st.
- Check your application status