Faculty and staff reporting resources
Employees are required to consult with student life, 928-523-5181, or Pamela Heinonen, Title IX Coordinator, 928-523-3312, on all reports of possible Title IX issues.
If you are approached by a student who believes that sexual harassment, assault or violence has occurred, you should provide the student with the following information:
- Refer students to the appropriate resources.
- Explain that you cannot guarantee confidentiality due to the University’s concern for campus safety, but that you will respect their privacy and only pass on information on a need-to-know basis. Employees are required to consult with student life, 928-523-5181, or Pamela Heinonen, Title IX Coordinator, 928-523-3312, on all reports of possible Title IX issues.
- Explain that retaliation or retribution of ANY kind taken against an individual as a result of that person filing a complaint, requesting information, cooperating in an investigation, or otherwise participating in these reporting procedures is strictly prohibited.
- Explain that the student can:
- Speak with confidential resources such as Counseling Services, 928-523-2261, or the Victim Witness Services On Campus Advocate, 928-523-2225, who can explain processes and services in a confidential manner. The student can use these services even if they do not wish to file a complaint.
- File a criminal complaint. Victims may pursue criminal charges by contacting NAUPD at 928-523-3000.
- Contact Northern Arizona Center Against Sexual Assault (NACASA) at 928-213-6112 to schedule a forensic exam (rape kit) or Victim Witness Services at 928-679-7770 to better understand both criminal and University administrative options.
- File a complaint under the Student Code of Conduct. Victims may pursue administrative complaints alone or in conjunction with a criminal complaint through the Student Code of Conduct by contacting the Office of Student Life at 928-523-5181.
- The Office of Student Life also offers support services such as removing victim or alleged assailant from a shared class, providing no contact orders, or assistance in relocation within the residence halls.
- Follow reporting requirements outlined in the Safe Working and Learning Environment Policy.