Student Activities Council
The Northern Arizona University Student Activities Council (STAC) provides financial support for events that enhance and enrich students’ lives on the Mountain Campus. Any department or registered student organization can seek funding through STAC. Student organizations seeking funding of less than $1000 should also consider applying for funding through the Associated Students of Northern Arizona University (ASNAU) funding process.
Please note the following requirements and timelines before submitting a proposal: Accordion Closed
- Funded events must be open to all students and take place on the Flagstaff campus.
- Additional scrutiny will be placed on requests to fund items that will be kept by the student organization for future use. Funded items must be available to all attendees.
- Although typically not approved, requests to fund food are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- STAC cannot allocate funds to events that raise money for charitable organizations.
- The maximum amount of funding for any one event is $20,000.
- The use of card scanners is required by STAC at STAC-funded events to gather general information about student attendees.
Additional information before submitting a proposal: Accordion Closed
- Proposals should be submitted no less than 45 calendar days prior to the event.
- Proposals are reviewed in the order they are received.
- STAC will notify the Event Coordinator (person submitting proposal) to arrange a formal presentation during a regularly scheduled meeting.
- Presentations should not exceed 5 minutes with an additional 5 minutes for the committee to ask questions.
- STAC meetings are scheduled weekly. The committee does not meet during the summer.
- Unless additional information is requested, proposals will be voted on by STAC immediately following the presentation. Requests may be funded fully, partially, or denied. Once a decision is reached the presenter will be notified within two business days.
- If awarded money by STAC, a registered student organization must schedule a meeting with a STAC Adviser to review event planning and funding procedures. Funds may be dispersed through direct payment of expenses or through reimbursement to the student organization.
- If funding is approved for a proposal submitted by a university program or department, the department or program is responsible for making all arrangements related to the event and covering all up-front costs. After the event, STAC will initiate a transfer of funds from STAC to the sponsoring department.
STAC bylaws Accordion Closed
Please review the STAC bylaws for complete information about the committee and the funding process.
Upcoming STAC events
Events coming soon.
Apply to be a member of STAC
All STAC members must be enrolled as full-time NAU students and maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA throughout their time as a STAC member. Council members must agree to the following:
- Represent the needs and concerns of the student body at large.
- Attend all regularly scheduled meetings, review event proposals, participate in discussions, and vote on proposals.
- Attend at least three STAC-funded events per semester.
We are currently accepting applications from students who would like to join STAC in 2018-2019. New members need to be available for fall meetings on Wednesdays from 2-3 pm, but we will also accept applications for spring semester from interested students who are not available at that time. Applications for 2018-2019 STAC membership are due by September 14, 2018, at 5 pm.