Apply to the Master of Social Work program at NAU
Take your career to the next level with an MSW degree
A Master of Social Work degree from Northern Arizona University offers broad career possibilities and expanded opportunities for social work practitioners across professional settings. Demand for professional social workers is high, and an MSW is a strong starting point for licensure in any U.S. state.
If you have a Bachelor of Social Work degree within the last 5 years and a 3.3 GPA then you may qualify for the MSW, Advanced standing program.
Applications are currently open for August 2020 start
Application deadline is February 1, 2020
*Agency placements are limited for students desiring Flagstaff placement for MSW
Submit an application to NAU’s Graduate College
A complete application will include:
- Professional Resume
- 250 volunteer hours and/or relevant paid human service work experience documented with time and description of role
- Personal Statement, typed/5-6 pages/double-spaced, addressing the following three questions:
- Describe any experiences that have influenced your selection of social work as your professional career.
- Discuss your understanding of the following concepts: structural racism, advocacy, human rights, and social, economic, and environmental justice.
- Explain your reasons for selecting the NAU MSW program and discuss how you plan to be fully engaged in all of the academic requirements of the MSW program, including field practicum and graduate level coursework.
- Prerequisite Statement, if needed, acknowledging a plan to complete the 3 credit human biology course and/or 3 credit statistics course prior to the end of the first year in the MSW program.
- Email address for three references
- Professional (paid or volunteer) or Academic
- Transcripts from all institutions attended with Human Biology and Statistics courses marked that show proof of fulfilling the MSW prerequisite. Unofficial transcripts are to be uploaded for the MSW application. Official transcripts are to be submitted to the NAU Grad College directly.