Recycling on campus
Make sure materials end up in the right place
Unfortunately, we CANNOT recycle glass in our on-campus recycling bins. Glass can be taken to a drop-off location in parking lot P62B (“The Commuter Lot”) in the southwest corner near the disc golf course. There is also a drop off location at the Bus Transfer Station on Phoenix Avenue by the railroad tracks.
Printer cartridges and batteries
There is a drop off location at your desk for all personal ink printer cartridges and all used AA, AAA, C, D, and 9 Volt batteries.
All computer labs will have one blue bin for paper recycling. If you put other recyclables in there, please make sure they are CLEAN and DRY. Trash cans are available, so please don’t contaminate the recycling bin!
We collaborate with Terracycle to recycle some items that typically just end up in the landfill. Please look for the special bins in your community to recycle the following items. If you cannot locate where to recycle them, contact your Eco-Rep, RHD or ask at the Front Desk. Here is what recyclable:
- Plastic Cereal and Snack Bag Liners and Chip and Snack Bags
- Used Writing Utensils
- Pens and pen caps
- Mechanical pencils
- Markers and marker caps
- Permanent markets and permanent marker caps
- Used Personal Care Product Containers and Packaging
- Hair Care Packaging: Shampoo bottles and caps, conditioner bottles and caps, hair gel tubes and caps, hair spray bottles and triggers, and hair paste plastic jars and caps
- Skin and Body Care Packaging: Lip balm tubes, face soap dispensers and tubes, face lotion bottles, tubes and plastic jars, body wash containers, soap tubes and dispensers, body lotion dispensers and bottles, shaving foam tubes (no cans), and hand lotion bottles and tubes
- Cosmetics Packaging: Lipstick cases, lip gloss tubes, mascara tubes, eye shadow cases, bronzer cases, foundation packaging and bottles, powder cases, eyeliner cases, eyeliner pencils, eye shadow tubes, concealer tubes, concealer sticks, and lip liner pencils
- Mouthwash bottles and caps
- Deodorant containers and caps
- Toothpaste tubes and caps
- Soap packaging
- Floss containers
- Note: Aerosol deodorant cans are not accepted
For further information, see Green NAU.