The end of the academic year is approaching! Campus communities will close at 9am on Friday, May 6. Students are required to check out 24-hours after their last final.
Prior to your move out day, log in to the housing portal in the “Online Checkout” section of Resources and Forms and confirm which day you will be moving out
Follow the “How to move out and avoid charges” lists to thoroughly clean your room and shared living spaces.
At the day of move-out, log into the housing portal to complete Online Checkout, located in the Resources and Forms section. Follow the guided questions to complete your online checkout. Physically return your key(s) within 30 minutes.
If you have a change in your schedule or need more time to prepare your space, please reschedule your move-out day through the housing portal.
Prepare to move out Accordion Closed
Use the Room move-out lists to thoroughly clean your space. Keep in mind this information:
- There are helpful online instructions to walk you through cleaning appliances, such as refrigerators and ovens/stoves.
- The standard room layout is in the “Room features” section of your building. Make sure your furniture is reset to this layout, including re-adjusting the bed height to the designated level.
- Finally, remember to take your bike if you have one stored or in the bike racks!
Room move-out list Accordion Closed
Traditional Room Move-Out List
Use this list if you live in:
- Allen Hall
- Campbell Hall
- Cowden Hall
- McConnell Hall
- Morton Hall
- Reilly Hall
- Sechrist Hall
- Taylor Hall
- Tinsley Hall
- Wilson Hall
Suite-Style Room Move-Out List
Use this list if you live in:
- Calderon Hall
- Honors College
- Gabaldon Hall
- Mountain View Hall
Avoid charges Accordion Closed
Complete the checkout process thoroughly and accurately to avoid the following charges:
|Reason for Charge||Amount|
|Improper/Late Checkout Charge: not completing online checkout, checking out after official checkout date, or later than a pre-approved extended checkout time.||$50|
|Lost/Non-Returned Key Charge: not turning in a room, apartment or mailbox key.||$50 per key|
|Furniture Reset Charge: not setting your furniture and/or bed height back to the standard layout.||$50|
|Cleaning Charge: not fully cleaning your room/living space and/or leaving personal trash/recycling anywhere besides the designated dumpsters outside of the building.||$50/hour|
(1 hour minimum)
|Patch/Paint Charge: any significant wall damage including large number and/or size of holes; and/or walls that have to be repainted due to damage.||$100/wall|
|Damaged/Missing Item Charge: missing or damaged items, not due to normal wear and tear, charged the cost of replacement/repair including labor.||$50 minimum|
The online checkout will ask if there are any missing or damaged items in your room/living space, a description of the item(s) and reason. Staff will also complete a walk-through of all rooms to identify missing and damaged items, and will submit charges accordingly. If you have a question about a potential charge, please consult with hall staff.
Complete Online Checkout Accordion Closed
- Log into the housing portal to complete Online Checkout, located in the Resources and Forms section. Follow the guided questions to complete your online checkout. Note that those who check out early during the semester will need to have a staff member present to confirm that the room is move-out ready.
- Lock your door.
- Physically return your key(s) within 30 minutes.
- When desk is open, keys must be directly returned to desk staff.
- If the desk is not staffed, contact the on-call staff to turn in your key.
Your building card access will end within minutes of your checkout.
Guest move-out helpers Accordion Closed
During your designated move-out, you are permitted to have guest move-out helpers to assist with moving personal items:
- Plan ahead with packing. Pack efficiently for a smooth move-out.
- Guests should be escorted throughout their time helping.
- Please adhere to your move-out day.
If your guest is bringing a car to campus:
- Guests can use the finding your hall page for the best way to reach your building.
- Make sure they are familiar with the “Parking information” tab on this page.
- Please print a temp permit for non-NAU guests from the housing portal in the Online Checkout process in the Resources and Forms section. (Available April 13-May 8, 2022).
Parking information Accordion Closed
- Permit holders must always ensure cars are parked in between designated stall lines (two white lines).
- Parking is not permitted in fire lanes, disabled stalls, service vehicle stalls, pedestrian walkways, bus lanes, or in roadways.
- If your permit is for a zone that is not close to your community and you would like a short term accommodation to load your vehicle, you must call University Transit Services at 928-523-6623 during their office hours to request a 2-hour permission to park closer to your community. This is available one time when a student needs to load their vehicle.
Leaving NAU Housing? Accordion Closed
The license agreement is binding for the entire academic year, both fall and spring semesters. Students are legally responsible for the financial fulfillment of this contractual agreement. Please contact our offices if you have questions about leaving NAU Housing.
Check your NAU email
Continue to check your NAU email regularly to stay up to date on important closing information and additional details preparing you for move-out day!