Preparing for your arrival to campus
The big move-in day is just around the corner! To help you prepare for a smooth and positive move-in experience, please review the following information and related links in the side bar. Move-in dates and appointment are staggered to ease traffic flow and the number of people arriving on campus and in the community.
Step 1: Select your move-in appointment Step 2: Print your confirmation page Step 3: Check in, get your key, move your stuff!
Selecting your move-in appointment Accordion Closed
We know you are excited to move in and we’re planning for plenty of move-in appointments to select from in each residence hall.
- Students will be notified when move-in appointments are available to be scheduled in the housing portal, in August.
- All residents must schedule a move-in appointment for their arrival. This ensures a smooth and positive move-in experience for all, and reduces traffic congestion on campus.
- Move-in appointments are 45 minutes in length. Plan to arrive at the beginning of your appointment and print your move-in appointment confirmation to display on your vehicle’s dashboard.
- The calendar above provides an overview of move-in dates to help you begin to plan for when you wish to arrive.
What to bring and pack Accordion Closed
Move-in process Accordion Closed
- Plan to arrive at the beginning of your appointment and print your move-in appointment confirmation to display on your vehicle’s dashboard.
- Proceed to your community front desk to check in. Be prepared to show your move-in appointment confirmation barcode on your phone or as a print out.
- If needed, blue bins with Welcome Jacks will be available to help move belongings (blue bins measure 38”x33”x32”).
- Be sure that you have a parking permit and are following all parking rules and regulations if you will have your car on campus.
Guest move-in helpers Accordion Closed
During your designated move-in, you are permitted to have two guest move-in helpers to assist with moving personal items. All residents and guest helpers who are not vaccinated are encouraged to wear masks/face coverings.
During the academic year, guests and visitors will be allowed in the residence halls when accompanied by a resident of the hall, and in adherence with the Standards of Residence and the Student Code of Conduct.
Getting to your hall and parking information Accordion Closed
The Finding your hall page gives you the best way to reach your hall.
When on campus, please ensure your car is parked in between designated stall lines (two white lines). Parking is not permitted in fire lanes, disabled stalls, service vehicle stalls, pedestrian walkways or in roadways.
Residential student recommendations for COVID-19 Accordion Closed
- Students are highly encouraged to get vaccinated. NAU will be introducing an incentive program for those students who choose to upload proof of vaccination.
- No test is required prior to move-in. For those who are not vaccinated, testing is recommended.
- No one should arrive on campus if they are not feeling well.
We encourage you to review the residential student recommendations for COVID-19 webpage. Stay informed about NAU’s overall recommendations for maintaining a healthy community on campus by visiting the Jacks are Back website.
Summer students will be moving to campus throughout the summer depending on housing needs. When you applied for summer housing, you indicated the your desired start date. Your assigned move-in appointment is from 10am-4pm on the desired move-in day. If you need to change this, please contact Housing and Residence Life.
Check your NAU email
Continue to check your NAU email regularly to stay up to date on important information and additional details preparing you for move-in day!