Spring 2021 move-in
Preparing for your arrival to campus
As noted in the President’s October 20 message to campus, spring class delivery and related move-in schedule have been adjusted to allow a safe and staggered return to the residence halls. Most students will move in January 18-24. A very limited number of students with a course requiring immediate in-person attendance will move in January 9-10. Please review all the details below to ensure a safe, healthy and smooth move-in experience for all.
Move-in appointment Accordion Closed
In mid-December, you will be notified once it is time to log into the housing portal to select your specific 30-minute move-in appointment. Appointments are staggered by date and by residence hall to support physical distancing.
You will have many appointments to select from between January 18-24. Appointment times will allow you to check into the residence hall and receive your key.
University Housing will be notified of the small number of students required to immediately attend in-person classes. Those students will see move-in appointments on January 9-10.
Testing requirement prior to move-in Accordion Closed
All residents will be required to be tested for COVID prior to the start of the spring semester.
- Get tested for COVID-19 prior to arrival within 7 days PRIOR to your arrival.
- Quarantine from the date of your test a prior to arriving on campus in order to limit potential exposure to the virus.
- If you exhibit symptoms or are tested positive for COVID-19, you must reschedule your move-in appointment and follow CDC guidelines for self-isolation.
- Upload your negative COVID-19 test results prior to your move-in date. The upload link will be posted here and email to you by early January.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your results are reviewed.
- You will be required to show this email when you check in.
If you do not have results on time
If you do not have test results prior to your move-in date, please log into the housing portal to reschedule your move-in appointment for a later date and self-quarantine until your results arrive.
If you are not able to be tested prior to returning
- You will need to be tested on campus prior to your move-in appointment. You will not be able to move into your residence hall until you have received and uploaded your test results, and have a confirmation email from your upload. Any testing cost or temporary housing will be the responsibility of the student.
- Testing options (specific dates/times of available testing will be linked here by early January)
- Rapid test at Campus Health Services
- schedule a testing appointment earlier than your move-in appointment; test results are typically received in 30-120 minutes
- while this test can be billed to insurance if accepted, any related co-pays or test cost (for non-accepted insurance or no insurance) will be the student’s responsibility
- Free testing at NAU Fieldhouse or Ft. Tuthill
- schedule a free test; results are typically received in 48-72 hours
- you will have to arrange temporary housing off campus (hotel or other arrangement) at your expense until results are received and uploaded
- Rapid test at Campus Health Services
- If your test is positive, you will be moved into designated isolation housing for 10 days from the test date
Smart packing Accordion Closed
If you are new to campus, help your move-in go smoothly by starting with only packing the essentials. You likely already have most of what you’ll need! Avoid over-packing and limit belongings to one car load. Utilize the “what to bring” list and watch this quick video to help you decide on what to pack.
Move-in process Accordion Closed
- On the date of your move-in appointment, you will be required to present the following in order to receive your key:
- Move-in appointment barcode from the housing portal
- Confirmation email from your test results upload
- NAU Healthcheck app passport on your move-in date showing a “green” check clearing you to come to campus
- Masks/cloth face coverings are required at all times outside of your room, so please have your mask ready to wear
- Check out a blue bin to help move belongings if needed (blue bins measure 38”x33”x32”)
- Be sure you are parked in your designated residential zone at all times.
Guest move-in helpers Accordion Closed
During your designated move-in, you are permitted to have up to two guest move-in helpers to assist with moving personal items:
- For everyone’s health and safety, guest helpers should be 18+ years of age. Please arrange child care in advance of move-in.
- All residents and guest helpers must wear masks/face coverings, follow all physical distancing guidelines and adhere to University policies.
- Guest helpers may stay for a short time immediately after your move-in appointment to help unpack and set up your room.
- Plan ahead with packing. Focus on the essentials and pack efficiently for a smooth move-in. Limit time in hallways and public areas to maintain physical distancing, and always wear a mask/face covering outside of your room.
- Spend time with guests and family outside. Explore campus and take pictures while maintaining physical distance from others.
- To maintain the staggered move-in process, guests are not permitted to return to the residence hall after move-in steps noted above.
Getting to your hall Accordion Closed
The Finding your hall page gives you the best way to reach your hall.
JacksCard ID and NAU Care Kit for new students Accordion Closed
Your JacksCard student ID is used to access all exterior doors to your residence hall which are locked 24/7. Your NAU Care Kit contains two masks, a thermometer, hand sanitizer and other materials.
Check your NAU email
Continue to check your NAU email regularly to stay up to date on important information and additional details preparing you for move-in day!