Housing options for upper-division students
Learn about housing for juniors and seniors
Juniors and seniors have the opportunity to live on or off campus.
Step 1 – Submit your application Accordion Closed
- The 2019-20 housing application will be available beginning November 1, 2018 at 8 a.m. Log into the housing portal to submit your application.
- A $100 non-refundable application fee will be charged to your student LOUIE account after you apply. Fee payment is due within seven days or the application will be cancelled.
- You may search, request and accept roommate requests. Roommates must have an application submitted in order to be requested.
- Roommate requests must be accepted prior to room selection in order to assign a roommate during your room selection time.
- You can assign as many roommates as will fill the available space in the unit (i.e. up to two roommates in a fully available Raymond apartment).
Step 2 – Select your room Accordion Closed
- Rising juniors/seniors will participate in General Room Selection for all upper-division students on a rolling basis beginning March 1.
- Room selection times will be assigned by date of housing application
- If living on campus housing rent must be current to participate in room selection. You will not be able to select a room if you have past due rent on your student account.
- Your assigned room selection time is your start time. Log back into the housing portal at or after your assigned time to view and select from available rooms. Room selection occurs in real time, so current available space will be displayed at your assigned room selection time.
- Roommate requests must be accepted prior to room selection and placed at the time of initial room selection. You will not be able to later add roommates if you have already selected a room without them.
- The roommate with the earliest room selection time should place the other accepted roommates for the greatest space availability.
- Discuss alternative plans with potential roommates prior to room selection in case your desired hall or space is not available at the time of your room selection.
- Space availability:
- Please review all upper-division housing options prior to room selection so you are familiar with all residence halls and space configurations.
- McKay Village and South Village have multiple apartment types; read the descriptions carefully when viewing and selecting rooms.
Step 3 – Submit your Housing Rent Confirmation Payment Accordion Closed
- A $175 Housing Rent Confirmation Payment (HRCP) is required to hold your selected space. This payment applies toward your fall semester rent.
- The HRCP charge will be posted to your student LOUIE account the week of February 25 and is due by May 15. If you do not make this payment by the May 15 deadline, your housing application and selected space will be cancelled.
- The $175 HRCP will be refunded to your account if you cancel by May 15.
- The $175 HRCP is non-refundable if you cancel after May 15.
- Housing rent must also be current to hold your selected space. If you have any past due rent on your student account as of May 15, your application and space will be cancelled.
Housing Options for Upper-division residents
Additional housing options Accordion Closed
Rising juniors and seniors currently living on campus are also eligible for priority leasing for the following communities:
Off-campus resources Accordion Closed
About 60% of enrolled NAU students in Flagstaff live off campus, with many options located near campus and along Mountain Line routes. To assist you with exploring off-campus housing options, information and resources are available through Transfer & Online Connections and the Off-Campus Housing Guide (or download the Off-Campus Housing Guide PDF)
Don’t forget a meal plan!
No matter where you choose to live next year, you still can benefit from having a meal plan and the convenience of eating on campus. With everything from platinum weekly plans to semester block plans, there’s a variety to choose from to best fit your budget and your busy schedule.