South Village apartments
South Village is a diverse community of upper-division students, including returning sophomores, international students, and students with families. The community includes convenient onsite laundry facilities and a community center with front desk, computer lab, kitchen and TV area.
Eligibility for family housing
- Family housing is based on space availability. Submitting an application does not guarantee that housing will be offered during the requested period.
- Apartments are assigned by date of application, requested dates of occupancy, and academic level (with priority given to freshmen).
- If housing is offered and accepted, an application fee will be charged to your student LOUIE account.
- As the contract resident, you must remain a full-time registered student to be eligible for family housing.
- Family housing is limited to immediate family members only, including spouse and/or children under 18 years of age, with a maximum of five (5) total occupants.
Apartment and hall features Accordion Closed
- beds available upon request
- dresser, closet and ceiling fan in each bedroom
- bathroom with a shower, sink, and mirror
- linen closet
- kitchen with a refrigerator, gas stove, sink, and table with four chairs
- carpet in bedrooms and living room
- laundry facilities
- community center with front desk, computer lab, kitchen and TV area
- playground equipment
- basketball court
- grills and picnic tables
All utilities are included in rent, which include:
- high-speed wired and wireless internet
Room dimensions Accordion Closed
2 bedroom large
- common space: 241″ x 147″
- bedroom A: 120″ x 152″
- bedroom B: 149″ x 113″
- bathroom: 83″ x 57″
2 bedroom small
- common space: 277″ x 204″
- bedroom A: 123″ x 120″
- bedroom B: 148″ x 120″
- bathroom: 83″ x 57″
Family floor plan A – top view
Family floor plan A – sliced view
Family floor plan B – top view
Family floor plan B – sliced view
Rent & making payments Accordion Closed
Rent is billed directly to your student LOUIE account at the beginning of each semester.
|Rent 2018-2019||(effective August 1, 2018)|
|South Village - 2 bedroom||$943|
|South Village - 2 bedroom large||$1,042|
|*Payments are due the 1st of each month|
How to pay
Visit Student and Departmental Account Services for payment options.
South Village staff Accordion Closed
South Village Apartments is managed by a professional Residence Hall Director (RHD) responsible for overall complex administration, maintenance, activities, programming, student assistance, and community standards.
The RHD supervises a group of Resident Assistants (RAs), paraprofessional student staff trained to advise and assist students, plan activities, provide resources facilitators, and maintain community standards.
Child care voucher program Accordion Closed
The Child Care Voucher Program is a subsidized program that assists students with child care expenses.