Students have the right to request an amendment to or challenge the accuracy of their education records

Students may ask NAU to amend a record that they believe is inaccurate or misleading. They should write to the university official responsible for the record, clearly identify the part of the record they want changed, and specify why it is inaccurate or misleading. If the university decides not to amend the record as requested by the student, the university will notify the student of the decision and advise the student of his or her right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment.

Additional information regarding the hearing process will be provided to the student when notified of the right to a hearing. Students may want to consult with staff in the Office of Student Life regarding their appeal rights and/or the hearing procedure associated with an appeal. 

<< Previous

Next >>