Budget and transparency
Northern Arizona University will consider the following principles, guided by the university’s goals and values, as it determines how to approach budget cuts.
- Near-term decisions to maintain a balanced budget will complement longer term planning.
- University-wide priorities take precedence over individual division priorities.
- Initiatives to increase revenues will continue to be explored.
- Commitment to the Pledge tuition program continues but will be evaluated each year.
- Enrollment growth and increasing retention will continue with strategic investments to preserve a quality educational and campus experience.
- Recruitment and retention of high quality faculty and staff is an ongoing commitment.
Recent statements on the university budget
Higher education in Arizona is important for our residents and for the overall quality of life and economic vitality of our communities and our state. Seventy percent of NAU’s recent graduates are from Arizona, so I believe the outlook for our school and state is strong. I see the promise that education holds for the future and I am driven to ensure more Arizonans benefit from those possibilities. As such, I believe that investment in our universities is part of…
Cheng: Northern Arizona University sees hope in the budget proposed by Governor Ducey today. As the Arizona economy begins to improve, modest reinvestment in Arizona’s universities is a step forward. Read more.