Monthly leadership sessions
Explore university and higher education issues
Participants in the University Leadership Program attend a series of monthly seminars that provide opportunities to learn how higher education is organized and the close scrutiny of the higher education enterprise. Particular attention is paid to the Arizona context as it relates to:
- The relationship between the Arizona Board of Regents and the university;
- Institutional mission and its importance;
- The purpose and functions of major areas of the university;
- The role of strategic planning and budgeting in advancing department and unit interests in alignment with the overall mission of the university; and
- The university’s decision-making processes at various levels.
Through this program, participants will bring a more informed contribution that benefits the entire institution. Upon completion, considerable time and effort will have been devoted to the understanding of leadership and higher education. President Rita Cheng and other senior university officers will be among the session presenters, providing opportunities to discuss major issues impacting their divisions. Each session encourages social interaction among the participants and the administrators.
2020-21 Session Schedule
All sessions run from 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
April 30 (Graduation)