- Poloni-Staudinger signed a learning agreement grant with the Kettering Foundation. As part of the agreement, she will collaborate with the foundation to research democratic capacity-building associated with statewide issue forums. Poloni-Staudinger has been serving for the last year as statewide coordinator of Arizona Deliberates, a collaborative effort between Poloni-Staudinger at NAU and partners at Maricopa Community College District and Our Family Services, a non-profit in Pima County. The learning agreement will investigate how coordination of statewide forums can increase democratic capacity… Read more
- Paul Lenze, PhD was awarded an “Excellence in Teaching Award” from the National Society of Leadership and Success!
- NAU Experience named Gretchen Gee, John Hultgren, Stephen Nuno, Mark Montoya and Naomi Pinion, PhDs, for outstanding teaching, reported by NAU sophomores.
PIA honors some of its most recent successful publications.
Lori Poloni-Staudinger, PhD
Poloni-Staudinger, L., & Wolf, M. (2015). American Difference: American Politics From a Comparative Perspective. Washington, DC: Sage CQ Press.
Paul Lenze, PhD
Paul E. Lenze, Jr. Civil-Military Relations in the Muslim World. Lexington Press (Forthcoming, 2016).
Maiah Jaskoski, PhD
Jaskoski, Maiah, Arturo C. Sotomayor, and Harold A. Trinkunas. Forthcoming 2015. American Crossings: Border Politics in the Western Hemisphere. Baltimore,… Read more
SBS honors one of its most recent Hall of Fame inductees.
B.S. in Politics and International Affairs.
- Human Rights Activist and humanitarian aid worker
- Worked with aid organizations providing support to Syrian refugees in Turkey
- Volunteered with organizations in Tibetto support efforts to provide schools, health care, and support services for Tibetan refugees
- Volunteered at an orphanage in Vrindavan, India
- Worked with the Save Darfur Coalition… Read more
The Department of Politics and International Affairs celebrates the major achievement of Senior Lecturer, Paul Lenze. His first book publication was released on September 30th through Lexington Books. His book is titled “Civil-Military Relations in the Muslim World”
The book examines the factors which influence military intervention and withdrawal from politics—namely, United States and Soviet/Russian economic and military aid—and how this affects democratic transitions and… Read more