Mission and Program Goals
Northern Arizona University’s physical therapy program mission is to prepare exemplary and professionally engaged Doctors of Physical Therapy through innovative, collaborative, and experiential instruction provided by nationally recognized faculty scholars and leaders across a successful two-campus model, contributing to the achievement of health equity.
- The program will provide students with the knowledge and skills related to physical therapy practice to provide value-driven and consumer-centric physical therapy services that represent best practices.
- The program will provide students with the skills to acquire, interpret, and apply the best available evidence in the provision of physical therapy services.
- The program will provide students with knowledge and skills related to collaborative practice, advocacy, and the recognition of health disparities.
- The program will encourage students and faculty to participate in activities and organizations that advance the profession of physical therapy.
- The program faculty will participate in the governance of the Program, College, and University and through their leadership, contribute to the program’s recognition locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.