Peer Jacks mentoring
Making connections and building community at NAU
Exclusively for out-of-state students attending Northern Arizona University, the Peer Jacks peer mentoring program helps freshmen successfully transition to university and Flagstaff life.
Peer Jacks offers 1-on-1 peer mentoring to first-year students and exposure to NAU resources.
The program provides a peer network to assist in the transition to college. Peer Jacks also hosts educational and social opportunities that support a path to academic success. Through developing self-direction and promoting learning beyond the classroom, we empower students to achieve autonomy while completing their degree.
Participants develop the following benefits of mentoring: Accordion Closed
- A sense of belonging at Northern Arizona University
- Knowledge & awareness of campus resources & processes
- An ability to identify and align values and goals for their first year
- Purposeful academic habits by participating in educational activities
Our program offers: Accordion Closed
- 60+ peer mentors who have completed 30 hours of nationally accredited training
- Mentor matching based on similar majors, common interests, and/or home states
- One-on-one meetings with peer mentors throughout first academic year
- Access to monthly off-campus adventures and excursions:
- Grand Canyon
- Lava Tubes
- Sedona/Oak Creek
- and more
Sounds awesome! How do I sign up? Accordion Closed