Computer Information Technology, Minor
As students complete competencies, they will be earning credit towards NAU classes and an NAU degree.
This minor is available only to students completing the BA or BS in Small Business Administration or the BA or BS in Liberal Arts through Personalized Learning.
This minor is not available to students completing the Major in Computer Information Technology through Personalized Learning.
A minor is not required of students in the Personalized Learning program who transfer in a completed Associates degree or 64 transferable units from a regionally accredited institution.
This minor in CIT provides students sufficient tools to be able to work toward competency in several IT positions including systems analyst or project manager.
Requirements Accordion Open
A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.
To receive a minor (18 to 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.
Overview Accordion Closed
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
No more than 50% of the units used to satisfy minor requirements may be used to satisfy major requirements.
|Minimum Units for Completion||18|
|Some online/blended coursework||Required|
Details Accordion Closed
- Personalized Learning Competencies for the Minor in Computer Information Technology
Completion of these competencies will result in the awarding of credit for NAU classes
C.1 Explore information technology foundations
C.2 Examine data management and administration
C.3 Examine IT business operations and leadership
C.4 Examine enterprise architecture, network and telecommunications
C.5 Examine business analysis and design
C.6 Examine web-based systems and technologies
- Course Credit Earned - Minor Courses 18 units
- BBA 305W Effective Business Communications (3 units)
- CIT 121 Foundations of Computer Information Technology (3 units)
- CIT 294 Technology Information Literacy (3 units)
- CIT 311 Analysis, Design, and Modeling of Databases (3 units)
- CIT 341 Management and Information Technology (3 units)
- CIT 361 Fundamentals of Information Technology and Project Management (3 units)
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your faculty mentor for details.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.