Business Administration, Bachelor of Business Administration
- Available Emphasis Areas:
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business - Emphasis
- Global Business - Emphasis
- Human Resource Management - Emphasis
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management - Emphasis
- Management - Emphasis
- Marketing - Emphasis
All of the emphases of the Business Administration program are available at Yuma and Online.
The Management Emphasis is available at Chandler-Gilbert Community College, at Paradise Valley Community College, at Yuma, and Online.
This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Career Tab Open
University Requirements Tab Closed
Overview Tab Closed
Details Tab Closed
Campus Availability Tab Closed
Career Accordion Open
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Administration?
If you are interested in a career in business - whether it is with a major firm, a regional or local employer, a start-up of your own or a career in the nonprofit or government sectors - you should think about the B.B.A. program at Northern Arizona University. You will find that the B.B.A. is a gateway to many of the world's most successful employers across a wide variety of industries and disciplines.
This degree is a challenging program that will provide you with real world experience in today competitive work place. It will also prepare you for a rewarding career or create a solid path to a graduate degree. This program teaches future leaders how to compete globally in both the public and private sectors. Our students pursue careers and interests in finance, management, ethics, environmental sustainability, entrepreneurship and more.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Credit management
- Community development
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- University professor
- Certified public accountant
- Financial analyst
University Requirements Accordion Closed
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
Overview Accordion Closed
In addition to University Requirements:
- At least 36 units of BBA core requirements
- At least 23 units of emphasis requirements
- Up to 9 units of major prefix courses may be used to satisfy Liberal Studies requirements; these same courses may also be used to satisfy major requirements
- Elective courses, if needed, to reach an overall total of at least 120 units
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||120|
|Highest Mathematics Required||MAT 131|
|Additional Admission Requirements||Required|
|Emphasis, Minor, Certificate||Required|
|Some online/blended coursework||Required|
|AZ Transfer Students complete AGEC-B||Recommended|
|Progression Plan Link||View Progression Plan|
The purpose of the Northern Arizona University Bachelor of Business Administration Program is to provide excellent business management and related higher education using the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award standards for education as applied through the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) accreditation. We seek to be a premier provider of Baldrige-Quality business management and related higher education with an emphasis on value and accessibility. We focus on core business competencies within a global context.
Students will be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- think creatively, analyze and synthesize data from multiple perspectives
- analyze and use financial information
- solve problems using decision-making tools and theories,
- engage others through effective interpersonal skills
- communicate effectively in oral and written formats,
- work well in team settings
- design and implement effective strategies for the global marketplace, and
- discern the underpinning ethical issues in local and global business decision-making, including those involving social responsibility, environmental sustainability, and profitability.
Our faculty is selected for their scholarly and business management experience. We contribute to the body of knowledge primarily through engaged scholarship, including research, publications, and scholarly professional activities regarding teaching, discovery, integration, and application.
We value visionary and innovative leadership, lifelong student, faculty & organizational learning, ethical and socially responsible behavior, creating and improving excellent quality & value – personal and societal, and diversity of people and ideas.
Details Accordion Closed
Additional Admission Requirements
- Admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.
Prerequisites for Admission to the Professional Program
You must meet the following requirements to enter our professional program with a Grade of "C" or better in each course:
Associate Degree Transfer Block
- Students transferring into the program may meet admission requirements by completing an ABUS degree from an Arizona Community College. The ABUS includes the AGEC-B, which satisfies the Northern Arizona University liberal studies requirement.
- Students transferring into the program from California may meet the Northern Arizona University liberal studies requirement by completing an IGETC at a California community college.
- All students must complete the Northern Arizona University ethnic and global diversity requirements. These requirements may be met by completing courses at Northern Arizona University or at other institutions.
Take the following 59 - 69 units:
Core Curriculum (36 units)
- BBA 300, BBA 305W, BBA 310, BBA 320, BBA 330, BBA 335, BBA 340, BBA 360, BBA 390, BBA 450, BBA 480, BBA 490C (36 units)
Emphasis Requirements (Select One):
- Global Business Emphasis (23-33 units)
For this emphasis, students select one region of the world to use as a focus for all projects and like-kind assignments across the curriculum.
- Global Business Emphasis (23-33 units)
- One or two electives, with a regional international focus are recommended. Courses used to satisfy the foreign language requirement may not be used to satisfy this recommendation. This requirement may also be satisfied by a study abroad (3-6 units)
- BBA 303 is not permitted.
- Management Emphasis (24 units)
Offered at Chandler-Gilbert Community College, Paradise Valley Community College, Yuma, and Online.
- Management Emphasis (24 units)
*Students who are unable to complete an internship due to work/life circumstances may do an intensive guided study project on a specific industry and region under the guidance of a faculty member. A proposal for the project must be approved in advance by a B.B.A. full-time faculty member.
The foreign language requirement may be met by successfully completing a CLEP test for the appropriate number of units.
Additional coursework is required, if, after you have met the previously described requirements, you have not yet completed a total of 120 units of credit.
You may take these remaining courses from any academic areas, using these courses to pursue your specific interests and goals. We encourage you to consult with your advisor to select the courses that will be most advantageous to you. (Please note that you may also use prerequisites or transfer credits as electives if they weren't used to meet major, minor, or liberal studies requirements.)
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.