Winter and how it works for financial aid
- The Applications for Deferment of Winter (Delayed Payment) charges is found in LOUIE > Finances > Financial Aid> App to Defer Winter Charges
- You may be eligible to use financial aid if you have enough to cover your spring charges and winter charges- you must submit the application
- You may apply for a private alternative loan. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Winter 2019 Private Alternative Loan should you intend on applying/utilizing a private loan
- More info on winter classes may be found at nau.edu/winter
Summer at NAU
How to apply for summer financial aid:
- There is not a separate summer aid application. Students who enroll for the summer 2020 term and have a FAFSA on file for the 2019-2020 aid year will be automatically considered.
- Summer 2020 Financial Aid Disbursement occurs 10 days prior to the official start date of a student’s first summer class.
- Must complete a 2019-2020 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Must enroll in the summer term
- Must enroll half-time for student loans (6 credits for undergraduate students and 5 for graduate students)
- Must meet eligibility criteria
For financial aid purposes, the enrollment status requirements for summer sessions are the same as the fall and spring requirements. The Academic Policy for course load for summer sessions does not pertain to financial aid. Those policies may be found here: Undergraduates and Graduates