What is ScholarshipUniverse and why is NAU excited about its potential? Accordion Closed
ScholarshipUniverse is a matching system that maximizes scholarship opportunities for students. ScholarshipUniverse allows students to create an academic profile that connects them with various internal and external scholarship opportunities that match their criteria. This tool has the potential to increase the amount of gift aid our students receive and, consequently, reduce their reliance on student loans.
What makes ScholarshipUniverse so convenient for users? Accordion Closed
ScholarshipUniverse saves students the time and energy of sifting through hundreds of fraudulent or irrelevant scholarship opportunities and allows them to focus on submitting strong applications for scholarships that they are uniquely qualified for.
What is the difference between internal and external scholarships? Accordion Closed
Internal scholarships refer to scholarships directly awarded by NAU, and external scholarships refer to any scholarships awarded by an outside source. Every external scholarship posted in ScholarshipUniverse has been vetted to ensure it came from a reliable source.
How are scholarships listed on ScholarshipUniverse vetted? Accordion Closed
Each scholarship opportunity that a student sees on ScholarshipUniverse has gone through an extensive vetting process in order to protect students from scholarship scams. When students search for good matches in ScholarshipUniverse, they can rest assured that the opportunities are legitimate and worth the time and effort it takes to apply.
Why should I complete “My Profile” in ScholarshipUniverse? Accordion Closed
ScholarshipUniverse is a one-stop shop for all your scholarship needs. You can apply, review, research, and accept scholarship aid worry-free. All departments on campus will use this platform in future academic years to post their scholarship opportunities. The questions you complete in your profile will carry over throughout your academic career at NAU.
Do I have to be a student at NAU to access the portal? Accordion Closed
Yes! You must be an admitted, incoming student, or current student at NAU. Once admitted to the University, you will be provided with your NAU ID (student ID) and your email information. You will use your NAU ID and password to access ScholarshipUniverse and your general scholarship application.
How do I use ScholarshipUniverse? Accordion Closed
- Click the here
- Enter your NAU ID and password to log in.
- You first need to complete your student profile by answering several questions. These questions are designed to match you with scholarships for which you are eligible. It is recommended that you answer all profile questions before reviewing your scholarship matches.
- You should keep in mind that the database of scholarships is approximately 10,000 at any given time, so it’s very important to be specific when creating a profile to ensure that students or you are getting the most relevant matches.
- Click on the “Scholarships” tab and start applying!
How does ScholarshipUniverse Work? Accordion Closed
- Students answer questions that match them to scholarship opportunities that they are eligible for.
- Students easily apply online to multiple scholarship opportunities through a personalized portal.
- Students track their application status online via the portal.
- Students are alerted whenever they are matched to a new scholarship opportunity.
- Students receive automated reminders about pending tasks and the next steps.
How should I prioritize my search? Accordion Closed
Focus on the scholarships you have the best shot at winning. Look for programs and organizations you are affiliated with. Additionally, answering the Matching Questions in ScholarshipUniverse will ensure you are being matched to scholarships that most closely fit your profile. Contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid for additional assistance.
How will I know which of my applications have been submitted? Accordion Closed
ScholarshipUniverse will help track and manage your pending and completed applications. Complete, submitted applications will appear on your applicant portal as “Submitted.”
Which academic colleges are in ScholarshipUniverse? Currently, the following colleges’ scholarship applications are in ScholarshipUniverse: Accordion Closed
- College of Arts and Letters
- College of Education
- College of Health and Human Services
- College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- W. A. Franke College of Business