Scholarships for NAU first-year students
AZ Residents Accordion Open
Western Undergraduate Exchange Accordion Closed
Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) Aid
|Founders Non-Resident Gold Award||Up to $5,000|
|Founders Non-Resident Blue Award||Up to $4,000|
|President’s Int'l Baccalaureate Scholarship||$5,000|
Through the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE), students from one of 14 Western states who attend our Flagstaff or Yuma campuses will pay a reduced tuition.
Required of all NAU scholarships unless otherwise noted
- Citizenship: Students must meet Arizona Proposition 300 Public Program eligibility requirements.
- First Degree: May only be used for a student’s first baccalaureate degree.
- Tuition Only: These awards cover tuition only; they do not cover fees or other expenses.
- Campus: Beginning in fall 2018 students must attend the Flagstaff Mountain Campus.
- Deadline: The offer of admission must be accepted and the enrollment deposit paid by May 1 for the following academic year. If awarded, high school transcripts must be submitted per the instructions provided in the award letter.
- Students are automatically considered for these scholarships upon admission. A separate application is not required.
- Use our Net Price Calculator to determine which tuition scholarships you might be eligible for – results are estimates only.
- Renewable for four consecutive academic years, applied to the fall and spring semesters only, provided the student meets the renewal criteria each year.
- Maintain a minimum GPA as noted in individual award elements and on the award letter, and
- Maintain full-time course enrollment, and
- Complete enough credit hours each academic year to progress to the next academic level (30 credits to be a sophomore; 60 credits to be a junior; 90 credits to be a senior).
Note: Repeated courses do not count toward the academic level progression requirement.
- If you have circumstances preventing you from meeting any of the renewal criteria, submit a Scholarship Reinstatement Request by the priority date for the applicable semester. Submission of this request does not guarantee award reinstatement.
Education Abroad and Student Exchange
NAU Merit-Based Tuition Scholarships may be applied toward tuition for most education abroad and exchange programs but cannot be used for faculty-led or provider programs. Contact us if you are considering studying abroad or participating in an exchange program.