Federal Nursing Loan Program
A limited amount of Federal Nursing Loan funding is available to eligible students in the Northern Arizona University Nursing Program.
Selected NAU students will receive up to $4,000 for the academic year ($2,000 per semester).
Meet the following criteria for priority consideration:
- Complete the FAFSA by February 1 each year. No additional application is required.
- Demonstrate financial need as calculated from your FAFSA information.
- Be accepted and enrolled in the last two years of your Nursing program. (Pre-Nursing students do not qualify.)
- Enroll in at least 12 credit hours. (Concurrent enrollment students must have an approved Consortium Agreement.)
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress.
Funding is limited; meeting the criteria is not a guarantee that you will receive a loan. Contact us if you’re interested in joining a waiting list for consideration for next academic year.
Information will be supplied at the time the loan is offered.
- Review three separate disclosures.
- Complete the Private Education Loan Applicant Self-Certification.
- Complete a promissory note and entrance counseling.
For more information on Nursing Loan repayment see Student and Departmental Account Services.