Eligibility for financial aid
Financial aid requirements you must meet to receive aid at NAU
To be eligible for federal financial aid, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using NAU’s school code 001082
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be admitted and enrolled in a degree seeking program
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Be registered for Selective Service (if male born after December 31, 1959 and at least 18 years old)
- Demonstrate financial need (some loans and scholarships are available to students without need)
- Not be in default on a prior student loan and not owe back a refund or repayment on a grant or other federal loan
- Provide any requested documentation
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
Questions about NAU financial aid requirements?
Contact us a (928) 523-4951 or email us a Financial.Aid@nau.edu.