Department Tuition Payment Requests
For NAU departments paying a student’s expenses
A department paying for a student’s tuition, fees, and/or insurance from an NAU account or sponsored project is required to submit a Department Tuition Payment Request (DTPR).
The DTPR form notifies the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA) of any activity for which an NAU department is directly charged; it does not waive tuition, fees, and/or insurance. Submit this form each semester the department pays a student’s charges.
The deadline to submit the DTPR is three weeks prior to the first day of instruction each term. Allow 14 business days for processing of completed forms.
Failure to submit a DTPR form by the deadline is considered a waiver of the right to submit a form for that term.
Complete the Department Tuition Payment Request form (PDF).
Helpful tips and important information for tuition payment requests
- The NAU college/department paying a student’s tuition, fees, and/or insurance must complete a Department Tuition Payment Request (DTPR) form.
- NAU Chartfield information and the signature of an authorized individual is required.
- If applicable, send the completed and signed form to the Graduate College where additional funding to the student will be noted or acknowledged.
- If payment is funded by a sponsored project, send the form to the NAU Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) to determine if the expense is an allowable charge. If denied by OSP, the DTPR will be returned to the department unless alternative Chartfield information is provided for funding.
- Late fees and charges to Campus Health Services are not allowable expenses to sponsored project accounts.
- The DTPR will be processed and the expense transfer completed by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- The student must be enrolled for the DTPR to be processed; OSFA can’t pay charges that are not yet on the student’s account.
- All changes in enrollment must be reported to OSFA immediately so adjustments can be made to the student’s account and to the corresponding expense transfers previously made.
- Students who withdraw from classes mid-term may owe funds back to NAU.
- It is the department’s responsibility to maintain their student lists and track expenses paid for each student.
- All information provided on each DTPR must be consistent with official university documentation. Each DTPR is subject to verification. Inconsistencies will jeopardize or delay the payment request. Employees may be subject to disciplinary action if funds are misused.