NAU as a Parent School – Consortium Agreement
In addition to the eligibility requirements below, students seeking a consortium agreement may have no more than 64 transfer credits. Exceptions to this include: 90/30 Interdisciplinary Studies, RN/BSN, Dental Hygiene, and other NAU programs that allow more than 64 credits to be transferred toward an NAU degree program. There is no transfer credit limit for students taking their non-parent courses at Arizona Western College.
Consortium Agreement Form must be submitted to OSFA prior to the deadline for the applicable term:
o Fall: August 1
o Spring: December 1
o Summer: May 1
- Non-parent school courses must be transferable to NAU and approved by Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation.
Student must be enrolled in 6 to 11 credits at NAU with a combined enrollment of 12 or more credits.
- A student enrolled in 12 or more credits at NAU are not eligible for a consortium agreement and are not eligible for additional aid if they also take courses at a community college.
- A student receiving NAU tuition scholarships (Lumberjack Scholars, President’s, Dean’s, etc.) must be enrolled in a minimum of 7 credits at NAU with a combined enrollment of 12 or more credits.
- Student must be eligible for financial aid, and must either meet NAU Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards or be on SAP probation status.
- A student who is approved for a consortium agreement with NAU must provide unofficial transcripts from the non-parent school to OSFA. Aid for upcoming semesters will not be disbursed until the unofficial transcript has been received and evaluated.
- Student is required to submit an official transcript from the non-parent school to the Office of the Registrar. Courses taken at the non-parent school will not be transferred to the student’s NAU record until the official transcript has been received and evaluated.
- Student is required to notify NAU OFSA and the non-parent school if they withdraw from their courses.
- Consortium agreements will not be processed after a student’s aid has disbursed.
- Consideration for special circumstances will be granted on a case-by-case basis.
Send your non-parent official transcript to NAU Admissions at the end of each consortium agreement semester. Find out how much your other school charges for an official transcript and budget accordingly. Approval of a new contract might be delayed until your transcript is received.