The Occupational Therapy Doctoral (OTD) degree is a full-time, entry-level program designed to provide students with fieldwork experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and a residency rotation. This is not a part-time or online program. You are required to attend all classes and clinicals in person at our Phoenix Biomedical Campus. This is not a post-professional program.
Successful graduates of the OTD program will become leading practice-scholars in the field.
The OTD curriculum emphasizes:
- Psychosocial change through a holistic approach to individuals and population issues
- Promoting quality of life in self-care, productivity/work, play/leisure and rest/sleep
- Addressing physical, emotional, and social aspects of working with client of all ages
- Promoting health through the interaction between the individual and environmental demands and expectations
- Course work that reflects client-centered engagement in meaningful activities