Pursue your associate and bachelor’s degrees in Nursing
With NAU’s Concurrent Enrollment Program (CEP), you can earn both your Associate of Applied Science (AAS) and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) at the same time. NAU partners with community colleges across Arizona to offer flexible CEP pathways for statewide students. This program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
The CEP is a true concurrent program, meaning that you finish your community college and NAU nursing courses simultaneously. Enjoy a hands-on summer “jump start” with our experienced faculty members, meet your community of learners, and get connected. Upon graduation from both programs, you can get licensed and apply for employment as a registered nurse (RN).
Tracks for community college nursing students: CEP and mid-AAS
As a CEP student, you follow the traditional course of study for an AAS in nursing at an Arizona community college. At the same time, you’ll be enrolled in required NAU BSN courses (offered in online and hybrid formats, with hybrid courses held at partner locations around the state). There are two tracks, depending on whether you have already started nursing coursework at your community college.
CEP track: students who have not started nursing courses
CEP eligibility requirements
- Be accepted into the nursing program at your community college (for students who have not completed the second semester or block of nursing courses—if you have, skip down to the mid-AAS track).
- Complete all community college and NAU nursing prerequisite requirements.
- Maintain an average GPA of 3.0 in certain courses.
- Register for and attend a CEP information session with your community college.
Apply with your community college
- While we encourage you to reach out to NAU to learn about scholarship options and how to be the best candidate for CEP, the actual application is done with your community college.
- Attend a Nursing CEP information session at your community college, where you will learn about the application process.
- You will need to monitor your email for a notice of acceptance with the final steps to the process.
Mid-AAS track: students who are already in nursing courses
Students who are already in nursing courses apply for the RN to BSN Option for Registered Nurses degree program.
Due to State Boards of Nursing and other legal requirements, students living in AL, TN, or WA are not eligible, nor are we permitted to allow students to complete the program if they relocate to one of these states.
- Complete the 2nd semester (or block) at a regionally accredited Nursing AAS program.
- Have no more than three (3) deficient non-nursing courses, including liberal studies, diversity requirements, and preprofessional courses.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 in preprofessional coursework. Any preprofessional courses taken outside the state of Arizona must be approved by the curriculum committee.
Application process for mid-AAS students
- Apply to NAU as a transfer student and send your transcripts to University Admissions (PO Box 4084, Flagstaff, AZ 86011).
- Upon acceptance, contact the Online and Community Campuses advising team, who will evaluate your transcripts, help you plan your program of study, and assist with enrollment in NAU courses.
- After you’re admitted as a student to NAU, you can complete the online BSN Mid-AAS application. For quicker processing, please email your unofficial transcripts to email@example.com. However, it is important to also submit all of your official transcripts to University Admissions.
Statewide locations for CEP Nursing degrees
The Arizona community colleges partner with NAU to offer Nursing degrees statewide. Find your area, review our program guides, and get started today.
Maricopa Community Colleges
Locations: Glendale, Phoenix, Estrella Mountain, Paradise Valley, Scottsdale, Mesa, Chandler-Gilbert, Gateway