Student Nurses’ Association
SNA mission and overview
The National Student Nurses’ Association has a nationwide membership of over 60,000 student nurses and is dedicated to fostering the professional development of nursing students. It offers educational resources, leadership opportunities, and career guidance.
The NAU Student Nurses’ Association (SNA) is a student Nursing organization composed of all university pre-nursing and nursing students, and is governed by an executive board under the supervision of a faculty advisor.
With the goal of providing the highest quality health care, SNA is dedicated to the enhancement of:
- Nursing education
- Peer mentoring
In addition, SNA:
- Promotes recruitment efforts
- Promotes and encourages collaborative relationships with nursing and related health organizations
- Seeks to influence health care, nursing education, and practice through legislative activities
- Promotes the education about the different fields of nursing by bringing in nurses, hiring managers for hospitals and nurse educators from a variety of specialties
Activities of focus
- Mentor/mentee program with fellow nursing students
- Volunteer work in the Flagstaff area
- Q & A with guest speakers
- Relay for Life
Membership to SNA
SNA has a membership fee of $40 that covers you for your entire nursing school career. Once admitted into the NAU Nursing Program, you can pay the $40 in full online or at one of the upcoming SNA meetings. The SNA membership provides access to the Mentor/Mentee Program, exam preparation tips and strategies, a graduation cord, as well as an SNA “We Call the Shots” crew shirt in either navy or white. To pay online, please visit the SNA website.
Student Nurses’ Association Bylaws
View the SNA Bylaws.
Scheduled meetings by semester
The SNA meetings are held in Room 124 of the Nursing Building from 5:30-7pm and food will be served. Please check back for an updated list of dates.
2013 Accordion Closed
2012 Accordion Closed
2011 Accordion Closed
2010 Accordion Closed
All positions of SNA Accordion Closed
Advisors: Janis McMillan, Associate Clinical Professor
President: Information coming soon
Vice President: Information coming soon
Secretary: Information coming soon
Treasurer: Information coming soon
Events Coordinator: Information coming soon
Mentor/Mentee Program Chair: Information coming soon
Clothing Chair: Information coming soon
Publicity Chair: Information coming soon