Student Nurses’ Association
The National Student Nurses’ Association has a nationwide membership of over 60,000 student nurses and is dedicated to fostering the professional development of nursing students. It offers educational resources, leadership opportunities, and career guidance.
The Student Nurses’ Association (SNA) of Northern Arizona University is a student organization composed of all university pre-nursing and nursing students, and is governed by an executive board under the supervision of a faculty adviser.
With the goal of providing the highest quality health care, SNA is dedicated to the enhancement of:
- Nursing education
- Kaplan exam preparation
- Peer mentoring
In addition, SNA:
- Promotes recruitment efforts
- Promotes and encourages collaborative relationships with nursing and related health organizations
- Seeks to influence health care, nursing education, and practice through legislative activities
- Promotes the education about the different fields of nursing by bringing in nurses, hiring managers for hospitals and nurse educators from a variety of specialties
- Kaplan study session
- Mentor/Mentee Program with fellow nursing students
- Volunteer work in the Flagstaff area
- Q & A with guest speakers
- Relay for Life
“SNA has a membership fee of $40 that covers you for your entire nursing school career. Once admitted into the NAU Nursing Program, you can pay the $40 in full online or at one of the upcoming SNA meetings. The SNA membership provides access to the Mentor/Mentee Program, Kaplan study sessions, exam preparation tips and strategies, a graduation cord, as well as an SNA “We Call the Shots” crew shirt in either navy or white!” To pay online, please visit the SNA website.
The SNA meetings are held in Room 124 of the Nursing Building from 5:30-7pm and food will be served!
- Monday, September 9th, 5:30PM
- Monday, October 7th, 5:30PM
- Monday, November 4th, 5:30PM
View SNA Bylaws.
2013 Accordion Closed
2012 Accordion Closed
2011 Accordion Closed
2010 Accordion Closed
Advisors: Heather Ashby and Janis McMillan
President: Rachel Soumokil
Vice President: Riley Snow
Secretary: Courtney Fried
Treasurer: Taylor Quinonez
Clothing Chair: Rachel Soumokil
Mentor/Mentee Program Chair: Chantal Merrell