RN-BSN admission and application process
Due to State Boards of Nursing and other legal requirements, we do not accept students into the program that live in AL, KY, TN, or WA, nor are we permitted to allow students to complete the program if they relocate to one of these states.
Step one – apply to Northern Arizona University Accordion Closed
The first step in the admission process is to apply for admission to the university.
Step two – send official transcripts Accordion Closed
Official transcripts from each college or university previously attended must accompany the application for admission. Have your official transcripts sent to:
Northern Arizona University
P.O. Box 4084
Flagstaff, AZ 86011
Upon receipt of the completed application and all official transcripts, the Admissions Office will evaluate your transcripts and determine transfer credits and Foundations/Liberal Study designations.
Note: students that graduated from an accredited Arizona community college RN program are eligible to transfer up to 90 units from a community college.
Step three – contact an Online & Statewide Campuses advisor Accordion Closed
Step four – apply for the RN-BSN program Accordion Closed
Immediately after your acceptance to the university, complete the application to the School of Nursing.
To be eligible for the RN-BSN program applicants must:
- have graduated from a state or nationally accredited registered nurse program or currently enrolled in the third semester of an associate degree program in nursing.
- have maintained a GPA of 2.75 in pre-professional courses (3.0 GPA if not already an RN)
- maintain a current RN license from the state in which you will be doing the project-based portions of your nursing curriculum OR evidence of current enrollment in the final semester of an associate degree RN program in the state of Arizona. Applicants in their third semester of an associate degree RN program must have a 3.0 GPA in the Nursing program and the approval of their advisor from the associate degree RN program.
A complete application packet must include all of the following:
- completed RN-BSN-PL application
- copy of current RN license from state where you will be doing the project-based portions of the curriculum indicating the year you were first licensed
- applicants in the semester of their associate degree RN program must provide written approval of the advisor from the associate degree RN program
- unofficial transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended
- note: course descriptions are required for all pre-professional courses taken outside the state of Arizona
Complete application packets will be reviewed by the School of Nursing on the 15th of each month. You will be notified by mail of their admission status.
Following admission to the university and the School of Nursing, nursing courses are open to:
- Any Registered Nurse
- Students in their last semester of associate degree nursing program in the state of Arizona with a GPA of 3.0 and approval from their faculty advisor are eligible to apply. Students not holding an RN license are eligible to take NUR 307, NUR 330, NUR 320, NUR 321, NUR 390W, NUR 420, and NUR 424, but are not eligible to enroll in NUR 427, NUR 450C and NUR 408.