Ready to apply?Review prerequisite requirements and get application instructions for graduate admission into the nursing program.
Need financial aid?Find out about loans, grants and scholarships available to nursing students on our financial aid page.
Nursing course curriculumReview the Program of Study for a list of courses required to complete your nursing degree.
Tuition & costsGet information about NAU tuition and nursing program costs.
Graduate nursing programs
MS in Nursing, FNP, & DNP degree options at NAU
The philosophy of the NAU School of Nursing is based on an ethic of care. Here, we provide a supportive environment for students and faculty to thrive. We believe that nursing as a practice is an art and science that is an integral component to modern healthcare. Our nursing graduate programs offer certificates, along with master and doctorate degrees. Our goal is to promote excellence in nursing education and practice by supplementing curriculum with emerging healthcare trends in our state of the art facilities.
Due to State Boards of Nursing and other legal requirements, we do not accept students into the program that live in AL, TN, WA, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, nor are we permitted to allow students to complete the program if they relocate to one of these states.
Available graduate nursing programs
- Master of Science – Nursing (Personalized Learning)
- Master of Science – Nursing, Emphasis in Leadership, Quality & Patient Safety (Online)
- Master of Science – Nursing, Emphasis in Strategic Systems Leadership (Online)
- Strategic Systems Leadership, Graduate Certificate (Online)
- Master of Science – Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner (Online)
- Post-Master’s Family Nurse Practitioner, Graduate Certificate (Online)
- Clinical Nursing Specialist Prescriptive Authority Course Bundle (Online)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (Online)
Programs by location
NAU offers nursing degrees at several of our community campus locations and via online personalized learning. To learn more, please visit our programs by location page.
If you have any questions, please contact the School of Nursing with an email to discover your options in nursing.